Our customers continue to report the strain on services and how needs outweigh supply in all social service categories. And, that crisis center and mental health service providers are reporting higher than normal service demands as we head into December.
Visionlink is a proud supporter of Giving Tuesday and for those who missed the 11/29 "Giving Tuesday," moment, or for those who want to do even more during the "season of giving and charity," we have some tips that may be useful:
- Decide what types of causes match your interests and community need. Not every organization benefits from Giving Tuesday.
- Search non-profit directories. We like Charity Navigator and the options from Guidestar.
- Connect with your local non-profit associations and look for their Annual Reports to understand efforts, results, and key measures.
- Check out the social media activity of the groups and their storytelling, but realize that many small organizations do a great deal of good, even though they have very little social media presence.
- And for those customers of Visionlink? Consider activating our Volunteer and Donations Management solutions to systemize contributions of time, talent, goods, and services.