- Define your goals and strategy
- Raise awareness
- Share your mission
- Thank/acknowledge supporters
- Adopt new donors
- Plan ahead and think about the end product
- Who will be seeing this (sponsors, donors, volunteers)?
- Where will it be played (on a big screen, online, website)?
- When is the due date and how long will it take to create?
- You don't need to break your bank account
- Can film the video in-house
- No camera? Consider an audio slideshow
- Can even use an iPhone camera
- Ask corporate partners to donate/lend equipment
- Reach out and ask for free/cheap help from experts and students.
- There are many helpful (and cheap) tools & resources
- Bring IT into the picture before the video begins
- Be aware what file format you need. It is different for different mediums.
- Think about size of final screen. Online video screen size is different than a big screen.
- Know how much data storage you need. Raw footage takes up a ton of space.
Perhaps the biggest takeaway revealed last night is to plan ahead. Making a video is a lot more complex and time consuming than you expect. Be sure you set a clear timeline and creative plan so your video is completed how you want it by when you need it!
Until next time folks!